Sunday, November 25, 2007

All Good Things Must Come to an End.

As my last entry, I'm kind of ashamed at picking Perez Hilton over the other two articles, which actually have some substance, but really, who can say no to entertainment news? It's actually rather unfortunate how obsessed we are with gossip and scandal about people who should mean nothing to our lives, but it’s impossible to deny how much interest we have in theirs.

First of all, I'd like to make a note about the whole layout of Perez's blog site. Obviously, everyone has heard about Perez Hilton; however, what is going on with his blog site? With all the hype, you would think that he would make it a little more professional, and more nicely laid out, but it's something that looks like it came out of a grade 9, multimedia class. It's pretty unprofessional and the random adds don't make it any less distracting, but I figure when your primary goal is to simply hate on people, why worry about minor details?

Let's get to the content. Overall, I personally think Perez Hilton is absolutely hilarious. He may be borderline offensive, but he simply tells it like it is, which is what I appreciate about his ranting. I can understand why people might find him offensive, but I think it's simply because they're so worried about what's "politically correct," and so used to beating around the bush that they've forgotten how to stomach things that are real. He says what's on everyone’s mind, without fear of people disliking him or criticizing him, and that's a lesson we all need to learn.

It's impossible to comment on every, single entry on Perez's blog-blogging about a blog-ha- so I decided there were three that sparked the most interest

(1) Britney Spears
Britney Spears seems like a regular target for Perez, but that's only because she makes it so easy. I can't say it came as a shock though. It's human nature to want to bring down people in high places from their pedestals, but I can honestly say that it makes me sad. After the whole Justin Timberlake break up, it all went down from there. A quickie marriage in Vegas-alright, not a big deal, but marrying a loser like Kevin Feder;ine? Please. Rule #1 in the marriage rulebook is NEVER marry someone that's on your payroll. BIG mistake. Mistake number 2: having his childREN; no, not one, but two of his kids. Everything else is simply a minor detail-like shaving her head, almost dropping her babies several times, the bizarre performance at the VMA's. Individually, all of these minor details aren't necessarily career threatening, but together, they're all just a weird blend of things that just make her seem crazy. I have always been a fan of Britney Spears-I was one of the first that bought the Baby! One More Time album, and had the posters, etc., and it saddens me to see where she is now, but she simply brought it upon herself. I can only guess how hard life can be with paparazzi and people wondering what you're doing, and where you are all the time, but it's times like those where you just need to buck up, and be a little bit stronger. You can't let those things break you down, your kids will see what happened to you twenty years from now and imagine what they'll say. All of this could have been avoided, but it seems like she just egged it on. Publicity? or she's just gone plain crazy? It's hard to tell, but the moral of the story kids? Don't cheat on Justin Timberlake.

(2) Lourdes


Now this is easily the most offensive thing in Perez's website, but no one can deny that they were thinking it:












VS









People have mixed feelings about this one. I read all the comments and half the time, people were writing about how offensive this is, and how Perez has gone too far, and the other half was commenting on how Perez is right, and wondering what Madonna is doing. I sit in the middle. Yes, Madonna's daughter Lourdes is just a child, and Perez shouldn't really be taking hits at someone so young and vulnerable, but an we please be realistic here? We are a society that's obsessed with appearance, and if she's going to grow up in a society like that, Madonna should make sure her daughter is prepared for that. Let's face it, kids are cruel. They aren't going to see her on the playground and think "yeah, she's too young, a few more years." They are going to torment the poor child and it's just going to embarrass her. Trust me-I'm a victim myself. My mother waited far too long, and when I look back on it now, I think about how ridiculous the whole thing was, but at the time, kids found anything and everything to use against you. It shouldn't be made into such a big deal, but Madonna, please do your poor daughter a favour.

(3) Kanye

Of all the things I could have chosen, I chose Kanye West crying for his mother during his Paris show. Why? Because it's probably the only youtube video I've ever seen that could send chills up my spine. As a big fan of Kanye West, I have a lot of respect for him for even being able to continue his tour with his mother passing away. And it only made me angry to see comments on Perez's website that called him a coward or a pansy for two reasons. One, because I adore Kanye West-he's one of the few rappers in the world that actually has something intelligent to say, and not only that, but he makes kick-ass music, and two, because NO ONE is a coward for crying over the loss of their mother. I don't care who you are; male, female, famous or not, the loss of a mother is probably the most difficult thing in the world to endure. I have a really close bond with my mom, and I know that when she passes, I'm not sure what I'll do for myself. I respected the fans on Paris for being so supportive and friendly over the whole situation and I'm just glad the Perez added this video and had enough respect not to say anything about it, because that just would have been going too far beyond the line.

R.I.P Donda West

With all of that being said, as my final blog entry, I feel as though its necessary to finish this off with a cheesy cliché.

All good things must come to an end and this is ours.

Goodbye blog.

No comments: